Not a blog but an insight as to the benefits of just sitting and stopping for a while and letting the mind take a well deserved rest.
100 REASONS TO PONDER , in Sri Ravi Shankar.
1. It lowers oxygen consumption.
2. It decreases respiratory rate.
3. It increases blood flow and decreases the heart rate.
4. Increases exercise tolerance.
5. Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
6. Buena for people with high pressure.
7. Reduces anxiety attacks reducing lactose levels in the blood.
8. Decreases muscle tension.
9. Help in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis, etc..
10. Reduces the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome.
11. Helps in post-operative healing.
12. Strengthens the immune system.
13. Reduces activity of viruses and emotional stress.
14. Increases energy, strength and vigor.
15. Helps weight loss.
16. Reduction of free radicals.
17. Increased resistance of the skin.
18. Drop in cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
19. Improving air flow into the lungs to make breathing easier.
21. Higher levels of DHEAS (deidroepiandrosterone.) Essential for your adrenal health.
22. Prevents, reduces or controls chronic pain.
23. Makes you sweat less.
24. Cure headaches and migraines.
25. Greater consistency in the functioning of the brain.
26. Reduces the need for medical assistance.
27. Less residues of energy.
28. Increased willingness to sport and activity.
29. Significant decrease asthma.
30. Improvement of performance in sporting events.
32. Harmonizes our endocrine system.
33. Relaxes our nervous system.
34. Instead produces lasting benefits in brain electrical activity.
35. Helps cure infertility (the stresses of infertility can interfere with the release of hormones that regulate ovulation).
36. Build faith in himself.
37. Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behavior.
38. Resolves phobias and fears.
39. Help the thoughts of self-control.
40. Help attention and concentration.
41. Increases creativity.
42. Coherence of brain waves.
43. Improved learning ability and memory.
44. A greater sense of vitality and rejuvenation.
45. Increased emotional stability.
46. Improved relationships.
47. Idling brain aging.
48. Helps remove bad habits.
49. Develops intuition.
50. Increased productivity.
51. Improved relations at home and at work.
52. It improves the vision of the world.
53. Helps ignore petty crime problems.
54. Increased ability to solve complex problems.
55. Purify your character.
56. Develops willpower.
57. Greater communication between the two cerebral hemispheres.
58. Respond faster and more effectively to a stressful event.
59. Increases perceptual ability and performance.
60. Increases the Intelligence superior.
61. Increased job satisfaction.
62. Increased capacity of intimate contact with loved ones.
63. Decrease in potential mental illness.
64. More sociable behavior.
65. Less aggressiveness.
66. Helps quit and in the dependence to alcohol.
67. Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills and drugs.
68. Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation.
69. Require less time to sleep and helps to cure insomnia.
70. Increases sense of responsibility.
71. Reduces road rage.
72. Decrease in restless thinking.
73. Decreased tendency to worry.
74. Increases listening skills and empathy.
75. Help to make more appropriate decisions.
76. Greater tolerance.
77. Help operate in a thoughtful and constructive.
78. Increase a more balanced and stable personality.
79. develops emotional maturity.
80. Helps keep things in prospective.
81. Reaches mental peace, happiness.
82. Help you discover your purpose in life.
83. Increased self-actualization.
84. Increased compassion.
85. Wisdom grows.
86. Deeper understanding of yourself and others.
87. Bring the body mind and spirit in harmony.
88. Deeper level of spiritual relaxation.
89. Greater acceptance itself.
90. Help them learn to forgive.
91. Changes attitude toward life.
92. Create a deeper dialogue with your own God.
93. Increases synchronicity in your life.
94. Greater openness with yourself.
95. Support to live the present moment.
96. Expand the capacity to love.
97. Leads to the discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego.
98. The data show an inner sense of “Faith and Knowledge”.
99. Take even sense of “Unity”.
100. Leads to enlightenment.