Well I’ve had a few great days what with the Wedding and then a Street Party for over 100 people!
I started off the party idea, did the paperwork and then let all my fantastic neighbours loose on the idea.
As you can see, it was an amazing day with tons of good food, fine (ish) wines and great company. We had games, bouncy castles and treasure hunts. Then to give it a real flourish there was a live Jazz band to keep us all going.
Never done musical chairs before to a live band and it was just great.
So why is this post about getting rid of a bloated tum! Well over the last couple of days I’ve just indulged in the real world of parties, good food that breaks all my rules for good health. Today I’m feeling really tired, with a bloated tum. Yup, constipated too and wishing I’d stuck to my rules just a bit more.
You may think that this seems to be just a typical hangover but it’s not. I was watering my wine with water and having more water whenever possible, so merry but not drunk at the end of the day. ME means your body does not cope well with stress and that can be the stress you put on it by not thinking about food and drink.
The rules I broke that could have stopped this tiredness and bloatedness are
- whatever medication you should be taking – take it and stick to the rules for those medications.
Mine are to take them on an empty stomach and then not eat for 1 hour. Smashed that rule – oops
- Drink a pint of water first thing in the morning – yes that’s even before your cup of tea.
- Drink a pint of water 30 mins before eating
- Don’t indulge in white flour products
I ate white bread burger buns, celebratory cakes, meringue
- Avoid eating carbohydrates and protein.
Difficult to refuse a lovely big burger in a bun but I should have said No! Especially as there was lovely chicken and fresh salads on offer.
- For each alcoholic drink you have drink at least twice the volume of water.
- If you drink 2 litres of water then you will not feel thirsty and will hopefully drink less booze
- Avoid sugar, it only gives you a false high and then a real low.
So today I’ve stick to the rules and really behaving. This morning my neighbours were telling me I looked tired and worn out. I’ve been drinking my water and my skin looks refreshed, my eyes more open and bright and I’ve got my energy to write this blog.
The tummy may take a day or two to re cover but it will be flatter again, Soon.
Call 03302200112 (UK local call rate)